A plastic problem
Since we moved to Vietnam a few months ago, we’ve been very aware that single use plastic is everywhere. It bothered us from the start but when I saw some baby monkeys in the forest eating some plastic bags, we decided that we had to do something.
We then created a local group that gathered 1000 members in less than a month.
We are looking for solutions for businesses to lower their use of plastic while raising awareness to the public.
Right now we are focusing on :
- Bamboo straws
- Reusable glass bottles instead of plastic bottles
- Banana leaves wrapping for food to go
- Bamboo toothbrushes for hotels and individuals
What you can do :
- Be mindful of your use of plastic and avoid it when you can
- raise awareness to your friends and invite them to our Zero Waste Saigon Chalenges
- Talk to your favorite local buisnesses and help them reduce their plastic use